Thursday, August 4, 2011

What Matters

I remember when I was little I would wonder why adults got mad at stupid little things, like dirt on your clothes or a messy bedroom. I get it now - you need to take care of your things. I also get that those little things weren't necessarily the thing they were actually mad about. We all have days where things build and build and one little mishap can push us over the edge. But at the same time, I think my little child brain had a point. In the whole of life, what do those little things mean? Will you look back five years from now and think "Gee, I wish I didn't get spaghetti sauce on that white top!" or "I can't believe I had to sit in all that traffic that one day." I highly doubt it. You will forget about it. So why dwell on it now? Think about the things that WILL matter five years from now. Think about the people who will matter. Think like this little kid, riding her bike, worried about nothing but smiling and steering in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment